- After-Hours Emergencies
- Hot Topics
- Helpful Videos
Starting June 14th
We are excited to have our clients back in the building for pet exams! Please review the following to be prepared for your appointment with your pet.
- Please park in the parking lot on arrival, and call our office at 301-249-3030.
- The receptionist will check your pet in and let you know when it’s okay to bring your pet in.
- Only one client is allowed to come in with each pet.
- Please wear a mask at all times within the building and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Upon entry, a technician will greet you in the lobby and escort you and your pet to an exam room.
- The doctor will then come into the room to examine your pet and discuss a treatment plan.
- We ask that you stay in the exam room during the visit to prevent crowding in the lobby.
We are now recommending all dogs be vaccinated for leptospirosis!
Leptospirosis is an infectious disease that causes serious illness in dogs, other animals, and even people. Due to the rise of leptospirosis in the Mid-Atlantic area, we are now recommending that all exposed dogs be vaccinated for this disease.
Leptospirosis is a bacteria that can cause kidney and liver failure in dogs. It is transmitted to dogs through the urine of infected animals or through contaminated water. This disease could be transmitted to humans from infected animals. Please call our office for more details and to schedule your dog for the vaccine.